Insurance Questions

QIf your frame is bent on your car from an accident, will the insurance company usually always total it out?

I was in a car accident last week and I t -boned my passenger side and I think he bent the frame of my car because the driver's side door moves down when I open it . If the frame is bent, insurance companies usually end total the car?
This question still have no answer summary yet.
8 answers.
#1Phat Ass Answered at 2012-01-02 04:54:41
No, the car is not necessarily a total loss. It's amazing what a man with a good body frame machine can do. I've had two cars take part in the past damage . Both were less than 3 years old and both were repaired. Both had any problems after the wreck. Although your insurance company will recommend a shop around to find the best shop in the area and ensure their use . Once the claim has been paid , which is much more difficult to go back and say that the additional problems hidden damage. A store with no experience can repair the structure , but losing suspension damage , as an example. Hope this helps .
#2shadmanikerman Answered at 2012-01-02 10:04:36
It really depends on the total amount of damage, age, value and type of car you drive .

If it is a vehicle with a frame, then yes, most likely, would be a total loss. If not, a decent mechanic should be able to repair the car back to the condition it was in

Good luck !
#3KerAnswered at 2012-01-03 10:06:07
Most cars do not have frames unless a more luxurious car.they are unibody construction ... Mabey your car is totaled
#4EnaAnswered at 2012-01-08 20:13:29
I'd say the most likely. A car that is categorized as a total loss of an insurance company when the repairs to your vehicle would be more expensive than cutting a check for the value of the vehicle. Instead, they will buy the car for what is considered worth before the accident. In turn, sell it to a junkyard
To determine the value of your vehicle before the accident, I suggest or elsewhere to obtain an estimate of the value of your car. If you drive a 1993 Honda .. forget about getting your car repaired and start looking for a replacement vehicle.

Whereas if your driving a BMW 2007, depends on the magnitude of the damage. If you want to keep your car and I recommend getting a repair estimate of its own by the workshop of your choice.

If you deal with a co-insurance. will try to direct you to his shop where the work is guaranteed. The fine print is that many of those stores to use factory parts are not. So if you drive a Ford, getting Ford imitation parts.

Your other options is fairly simple, despite his car being a total loss delcare can get it again from the salvage yard that sells insurance and the car is fixed. However, I was discouraged, as in most states, the title will be shown that the car was once declared a salvage vehicle, this will dramatically affect its resale value.

Be sure to tell your adjuster you want your own estimate done so well ... if your not happy with their results and you can find a reliable repair shop for the state of cave otherwise the insurance company will be at your request. Its much cheaper to cut you a little extra money to make you happy. Damage to property is their least concern. Cases where someone runs a pram crossing the street when they start to play hard.

You have many rights and options ... They also know if your type of failure and are using someone elses vehicle you may be entitled to payment for not having a rental car if they offer .. again this varies in the state ... but make sure you specifically request compensation for "loss of use". You could receive up to $ 20/day only to find another way to work, or borrow a vehicle.
#5CastaAnswered at 2012-01-09 20:57:02
Not always. A car is "totaled " when the cost of repair exceeds the value of the car , or very near it.
#6BenjaminAnswered at 2012-01-10 02:57:37
Is likely to have the body shop pull the frame back to the appropriate state.
My husband has done body work for almost 20 and they always have to pull the frame stores instead of writing the car off because it is cheaper for them. Obviously , the best way for them , but not always for the owner of the vehicle , as it weakens the structure.
#7AndreAnswered at 2012-02-08 13:01:34
Despite the contradiction in terms (" usually always "), most often a bent frame is of a total cancellation . There are exceptions, but since it was " t -boned " I think it's safe to assume that the main frame is bent , resulting in a total ! Good luck !
#8twisted angel Answered at 2012-02-19 01:19:55
Unless you are driving a truck or a Ford Crown Vic your car does not have a "frame" . Almost all cars on the road today are built with a unified body / frame design . Any collision repair shop will have a decent team on the site (which usually costs more than your car ) using laser guided measuring equipment to restore a vehicle to within 1 mm of factory tolerances . I know, I 've done. Even if a truck (which almost all use a "conventional" steel frame ) frame is damaged beyond repair can usually be replaced. The bottom line is this : if the cost to repair your vehicle exceeds the value, or as in most states, a fixed percentage of value, will be declared a total loss . Thousands of vehicles are repaired unistructures each and every day with no ill effects whatsoever. Still in doubt? Visit a good body repair and ask the manager to show you a " frame of the machine " and the measurement system in action. You will be very impressed ....
Anonymous Sign In Sign Up
Add Answer of
If your frame is bent on your car from an accident, will the insurance company usually always total it out?

Did this answer your question? If not, ask a new question.

Related Answers